Golf is one of the most famous sports played in many countries. And just like other sports, golf comes with some important rules too. The Honourable Company of Edinburgh Golfers in March 1744 selected 13 main rules of the game.
13 Rules Of Golf
- You need to tee your ball within the club’s length of your aiming hole.
- Your tee needs to be upon the ground
- You cannot change the ball which you are striking off of your tee.
- Moreover, you cannot remove stones, bones, or any other related break club if you truly want to play your ball. Nevertheless, the rule allows you to remove the fair green within the club’s length of your ball.
- And if your ball falls between the watter or any other related wattery filth, you have the full independence to take out your ball and then producing it back. Then you can place the ball behind the hazard again and start teeing it. You can play for any club and if you come across this kind of situation, you can use your Adversary to get the ball out of it and play with it again.
- In case you find your balls anywhere touching one another, then you should lift the first one and continue playing till you get to the last one.
- At the holling, you should not apply any trick while playing your ball for the hole. Furthermore, you cannot play upon your Adversary’s Ball which is not lying in the way of the hole.
- By any chance, you lose your ball if taken up or by any other way, just go back to your spot. Now you have to go back to the spot where you strike off your ball. Last, and drop another one. Now you have to give your adversary playing a stroke since this is one of the most unfortunate situations of the game.
- You cannot mark your way to the hole with your club or anything if you are at the holling of your ball.
- In case of someone or something stops the ball you are playing such as a horse, dog, birds or anything, you need to play it again. Play the ball again from where it was and from where you stroke it.
- Your club shall break if you draw it to strike. Further, if you try to advance it distant in the stroke to draw down your club, the same rule implements. Now in, either way, you need to account another stroke.
- If your ball lies further away from the hole, then you have to play first.
- If there are the preservation of the Links, then you must take out your ball. And then you would play it with an iron club.
New Rules For Today’s Sport
Every year the rules kept changing and they publish new rules each year. The rules generally remain somewhat same but consist of some minor changes. Now the new basic rules are that, you need to play the ball as it lies. And the second one is that just be honest and play a fair game. The rules I have mentioned here are the primary ones and there are some other sub-rules that players follow. Additionally, USGA and R&A publish books each year. Where they mention the new rules and other important rules of the game. Based on the question that critics ask, they develop and standardize each rule every year.
Last Few Words
If you want to learn new rules and old rules of the game, then you can find more on the internet. You can also visit the R&A or the USGA websites to get the confirmation of the rules. Moreover, if you have any question regarding the same, feel free to ask below.